CX518 / Personal assistant / HU6 Area / 16hours / £9.50ph

The following vacancy is advertised directly by the disabled person/ representative who receives support from the Direct Payment Support Service. Successful applicants will be employed directly by the disabled person/representative not Choices and Rights. It is important to note Choices and Rights are acting on the employer’s behalf and we cannot be held responsible for any actions arising out of your employment.

Please Quote Ref : CX518
Location : HU6 area of Hull
Rate of pay : £9.50 per hour
Hours : 16 hours
Days : Monday / Thursday Friday – 8 am – 10 am
: Monday /Friday 3pm – 5pm
: Thursday 12 noon – 2pm
: Additional 4 hours (weekday – to be arranged) for

Vacancies 1 or job share considered

A friendly and reliable PA is required to support a young man to travel by bus from his home in the HU6 area of the City, to East Riding College, ready to start college at 9 am and on the return journeys in the afternoons. Your role would be to support this young man to develop his communication skills and become more independent e.g. with regarding to travelling by bus, communication skills, and using money. You will be very aware that he has little health and safety awareness, particularly whilst crossing the road, and you must ensure his health and safety is of paramount importance at all times. The young man is interested in superheroes, transformers, Godzilla and Japanese animation, and would welcome a PA with similar interests.

There is also an additional 4 hours per week, to be arranged at a mutually convenient time during the week, to take the young man swimming. As he needs some assistance with getting changed, a male PA is required for this aspect of the role. You will be expected to accompany the young man in the swimming pool and support and encourage him whilst swimming.

Important Information: There is a genuine occupational requirement for a MALE worker, and therefore only applications from MALES will be considered*. *Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, Part 1).

How to apply
When applying for a job position you need to complete the apply to be a PA tab (please be aware emails may end up in your junk/spam inbox)When you have completed your application you will need to contact the team to let us know which application reference you are applying for and including your full name or you can send a CV to below contact  informatio

Contact Us about a Job

or Email:

Telephone: 01482878778
Via Post: Please send a printed application to The Recruitment Team Choices and Rights Disability Coalition, The Centre for Independent Living, Jude Lodge, Tiverton Road, Bransholme, Hull HU7 4DQ

All our jobs can also be viewed on the DWP jobs website:

Important Information
Applications will be forwarded to the disabled person or their representative, they will then choose which candidates they wish to interview. They may contact you directly or ask their support worker to contact you and arrange a suitable date for an interview to take place.

Personal Data Processing

Information in relation to personal data processing can be found at here or by contacting us and requesting a copy of our Hull Privacy Policy. In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with GDPR (data protection law.) You can find how to send us a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data. We would like to keep your data until our position you apply for is filled. [We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.

Smoke Free Exemption

It should be noted that these post are covered by “The Smoke Free (Exemptions and Vehicles) Regulations 2007 and therefore “The smoke Free Premises and Enforcement Regulations 2006” do not apply to this post. The regulations allow for exception in private dwellings where the work being undertaken is solely to provide personal care for a person living in the dwelling or to assist with domestic work of the household in the dwelling.