CX622 / Personal assistant / HU5 Area / 5 – 8 hours / £9.50ph

The following vacancy is advertised directly by the disabled person/ representative who receives support from the Direct Payment Support Service. Successful applicants will be employed directly by the disabled person/representative not Choices and Rights. It is important to note Choices and Rights are acting on the employer’s behalf and we cannot be held responsible for any actions arising out of your employment.

Please Quote Ref: CX622
Location: HU5 area of Hull
Rate of pay: £9.50 per hour
Hours: 5hrs per week in term time and 8hrs per week in school/college holidays.
Days: To be negotiated
Vacancies: 1

Further information: A Personal Assistant (PA) is required to support a 16year old young man in the HU5 area of Hull.
The PA will be required to work flexibly to assist, support and enable this young man to gain independence and life skills and to access the community safely.
He likes animals and would like to find an activity where he can learn more about animals. He also likes the gym and may wish to join a gym.
The PA will need to support him with awareness of danger, social skills and the way he speaks to people.
The PA will need to be patient and understanding of this young man’s needs. He has occasionaly displayed challenging behaviour and may need guidance to ensure his behaviours are appropriate. His parents will guide and instruct the PA how to respond to any challenging behaviour.
Applicants should have a genuine interest in working with young disabled people, be honest and trustworthy, and have a confident nature with the ability to remain calm. Applicants will also be able to demonstrate warmth, compassion and unconditional positive regard for young disabled people.
The successful applicant will be prepared to have a DBS check.
Important Information: “Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure and Barring Service, the cost of which will be met by the local authority/employer.”

How to apply
When applying for a job position you need to complete the apply to be a PA tab (please be aware emails may end up in your junk/spam inbox)When you have completed your application you will need to contact the team to let us know which application reference you are applying for and including your full name or you can send a CV to below contact  informatio

Contact Us about a Job

or Email:

Telephone: 01482878778
Via Post: Please send a printed application to The Recruitment Team Choices and Rights Disability Coalition, The Centre for Independent Living, Jude Lodge, Tiverton Road, Bransholme, Hull HU7 4DQ

All our jobs can also be viewed on the DWP jobs website:

Important Information
Applications will be forwarded to the disabled person or their representative, they will then choose which candidates they wish to interview. They may contact you directly or ask their support worker to contact you and arrange a suitable date for an interview to take place.

Personal Data Processing

Information in relation to personal data processing can be found at here or by contacting us and requesting a copy of our Hull Privacy Policy. In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with GDPR (data protection law.) You can find how to send us a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data. We would like to keep your data until our position you apply for is filled. [We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.

Smoke Free Exemption

It should be noted that these post are covered by “The Smoke Free (Exemptions and Vehicles) Regulations 2007 and therefore “The smoke Free Premises and Enforcement Regulations 2006” do not apply to this post. The regulations allow for exception in private dwellings where the work being undertaken is solely to provide personal care for a person living in the dwelling or to assist with domestic work of the household in the dwelling.