CX631 / Personal assistant / HU8 Area / 6hours / £11.58

The following vacancy is advertised directly by the disabled person/ representative who receives support from the Direct Payment Support Service. Successful applicants will be employed directly by the disabled person/representative not Choices and Rights. It is important to note Choices and Rights are acting on the employer’s behalf and we cannot be held responsible for any actions arising out of your employment.

Please Quote Ref: CX631
Location: HU8 area of Hull
Rate of pay: £11.58
Hours: 6 hrs per week
Days: To be discussed at interview
Vacancies: 1

Further Information: A friendly and confident personal assistant is required to support a 5 year old child, working under the direction of Mum who is the main carer. He has Global Development Delay, a brain condition called Periventricular Leukomalacia, Hyper Mobility and is awaiting an Autism Assessment. Although he is non- verbal he is able to demonstrate some of his needs by taking you to want he wants or bringing you want he wants. He may tap or hit you on the arm when he wants you to play or get him something. He will also use his school objects as a reference system. He is a happy and content little boy who likes to be on the go all the time, he loves to be outside, running around the park and fields and he loves water play and trampolines. He does become tired after been on the go all day and may kick his legs out in pain, he may also press down on his legs to demonstrate pain there. He can become frustrated when over tired and will cry and sometimes hit out at himself or others. Routine is important and during the school holidays the PA will need to try and maintain his usual routine as he becomes upset when off school for long periods. Full personal care will be necessary.

“Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure and Barring Service, the cost of which will be met by the local authority/employer.”

How to apply
When applying for a job position you need to complete the apply to be a PA tab (please be aware emails may end up in your junk/spam inbox)When you have completed your application you will need to contact the team to let us know which application reference you are applying for and including your full name or you can send a CV to below contact  informatio

Contact Us about a Job

or Email:

Telephone: 01482878778
Via Post: Please send a printed application to The Recruitment Team Choices and Rights Disability Coalition, The Centre for Independent Living, Jude Lodge, Tiverton Road, Bransholme, Hull HU7 4DQ

All our jobs can also be viewed on the DWP jobs website:

Important Information
Applications will be forwarded to the disabled person or their representative, they will then choose which candidates they wish to interview. They may contact you directly or ask their support worker to contact you and arrange a suitable date for an interview to take place.

Personal Data Processing

Information in relation to personal data processing can be found at here or by contacting us and requesting a copy of our Hull Privacy Policy. In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with GDPR (data protection law.) You can find how to send us a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data. We would like to keep your data until our position you apply for is filled. [We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.

Smoke Free Exemption

It should be noted that these post are covered by “The Smoke Free (Exemptions and Vehicles) Regulations 2007 and therefore “The smoke Free Premises and Enforcement Regulations 2006” do not apply to this post. The regulations allow for exception in private dwellings where the work being undertaken is solely to provide personal care for a person living in the dwelling or to assist with domestic work of the household in the dwelling.