Individual Employer Funding Skills For Care PA Training

Individual Employer Funding As an individual employer you can apply for the individual employer funding to train yourself and your personal assistants (PAs). This funding can be used to cover training costs to develop your skills as an employer, direct costs of completing training/qualifications, hiring replacement support whilst your usual PA is attending training courses … Read more

Do I have to have my own insurance?

It’s the responsibility of your employer to have insurance. The types of insurance they’re likely to have are public and employer’s liability insurance. If you’re using your car in relation to your employment, you’ll need to ensure it’s insured for business use

What do I do if I think someone is being mistreated?

Each local authority has a policy that helps people know what to do if they suspect that an adult or a child is being mistreated. This is usually called a safeguarding policy. It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with what safeguarding is about and who to contact, by looking on your local council’s website. … Read more

Who pays me?

Your employer will be responsible for paying you, however they can choose to do that through a payroll service.   Will I get a payslip? Yes, by law you must receive a payslip.   How much holiday pay am I eligible to? The amount of holiday pay that you’re entitled to depends on the number … Read more

Who is my employer?

The employer is the person that recruits you to support them. All employment responsibility lies with the individual, and not with the local authority, health service or any introductory services.